• 铜币203枚
  • 威望0点
  • 贡献值0点
  • 银元0个
阅读:2322回复:1

XTools Pro - extension for ArcGIS!

楼主#
更多 发布于:2004-10-23 08:59
<a href="http://www.xtoolspro.com/index.html" target="_blank" >http://www.xtoolspro.com/index.html</A>

XTools Pro extension for ArcGIS desktop end-users is the next generation of XTools for ArcGIS, one of the most popular ArcGIS desktop extensions.

Originally developed as a set of useful vector spatial analysis, shape conversion and table management tools for ArcView GIS 3.x. XTools extension was then converted by Data East to ESRI ArcGIS environment and now is re-designed, enhanced and extended as XTools Pro to get to the newer level of functionality and performance.

FAQ:

XTools Pro FAQ

Last updated: August 1, 2004
 FAQ for download (pdf, 131 kb)  

Do you have a free downloadable version or do we have to pay $ 129.00 per download for the XTools Pro version?

XTools Pro is a new, shareware version of XTools for ArcGIS. You can download it for FREE from Data East XTools Pro site or ESRI ArcScripts site.

This version is full-functional, and the trial period of 30 days applies only to the new tools added in XTools Pro version. You can see the list of these tools in XTools Pro help. And only the new tools will be disabled after the trial period is expired. If you wish to continue using new XTools Pro features you will need to register and purchase a license.
Downloading and using XTools Pro version does not oblige you to pay. All the old XTools 3.x features are available in XTools Pro for FREE for everyone. You are welcome to use them in your work.

I saw where it is said that XTools Pro is 揝hareware but still full functional for 30 days for unregistered users? Will this download only last for 30 days?

No. XTools Pro version is shareware, but "shareware" means that only some of the tools will be available for a trial period of 30 days. All the tools inherited from XTools 3.1 version for ArcGIS remain free. So you can download and use it anyway. If you like the new tools, you may want to register your XTools Pro copy, but this is not obligatory.

What do I do if I find a bug in XTools Pro?

Please send any bugs you find to xtoolspro@dataeast.ru and describe the problem as you can, providing us with as many details as possible.

I would like to purchase XTools Pro license off-line. Is it possible that you send a bill to our company, so that we can pay the bill and you send us the license code by e-mail?

Yes, you can purchase our product XTools Pro for ArcGIS through our payment provider RegSoft.com, a corporation with headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

Payments are handled by RegSoft.com, the most reputable 3rd party financial processing company in the world, the number one payment service on the Internet.

With RegSoft.com customers have many flexible payment options. In addition to paying by credit card, customers may also choose to purchase our product by sending RegSoft.com a fax or phone call on RegSoft.com抯 toll-free order line. RegSoft.com accepts orders by the following methods: Credit Card, FAX Ordering, Postal Mail, Phone, and Purchase Order.

Note! Ordering by Phone requires the following XTools Pro Product ID to be quoted: 68484

You will receive your XTools Pro license key (or registration number) by email from Data East within 12-24 hours after your registration is confirmed.

Address any payment related questions t sales@RegSoft.com

More information details you could find on the page: <a href="http://www.xtoolspro.com/purchase.html" target="_blank" >http://www.xtoolspro.com/purchase.html</A> .

What is the difference between XTools 3.x for ArcGIS and XTools Pro for ArcGIS?

Originally developed by Mike DeLaune (ODF) as a set of useful vector spatial analysis, shape conversion and table management tools for ArcView GIS 3.x. XTools extension was then converted to ESRI ArcGIS environment and now is re-designed, enhanced and extended as XTools Pro to get to the newer level of functionality and performance. A number of new powerful tools are implemented and many adaptations and enhancements have been made since XTools 3.1 version to meet user needs and ArcGIS ArcMap user interface standards.

What's new in XTools Pro for ArcGIS:

A number of new powerful and useful tools for ArcGIS users (30 tools in total now)
Improvements and bug fixes since XTools 3.1 version
Personal geodatabase support for the output data in new tools
Shareware but still full functional for 30 days for unregistered users
New unique design for tools icons and wizards

What is the price of corporate license and does the price include future upgrades?

Corporate license allows you installing XTools Pro on any number of computers within your company. The price proposal for the corporate license is based on the fact that our product is in demand in companies having more than 20 ArcGIS desktop installations. We propose our corporate license, which is limited to $1300, exactly for such customers to reduce their expenses appreciably.

All the updates for registered users within one version are for free.

Are there any discounts on XTools Pro provided for educational and/or academic institutions?

The each inquiry about the discounts for XTools Pro corporate license from educational and academic institutions is considered individually. To apply for a discount, please, fill and submit the following application form at our GIS store page:
<a href="http://vc.dataeast.ru/shop/XToolsPro_form.asp" target="_blank" >http://vc.dataeast.ru/shop/XToolsPro_form.asp</A>

We will certainly consider your request and contact you for further details of payment.

Note: these discounts are applicable only to corporate license, there are no discounts provided for single licenses.

Can I use XTools Pro extension on my desktop and laptop without purchasing two licenses?

Yes, you may install XTools Pro on your desktop and laptop and apply one single license for both installations. Doing this, please, note that single XTools Pro license applies only to your exclusive use.

I have downloaded and installed XTools Pro. The extension is available from the extensions list and I am able to manually check the box for XTools Pro. But nothing happens beyond that ?no menu icon, no way to access functions of extension, and no tool appeared in ArcMap.

If XTools Pro toolbar is not added automatically in ArcMap after the installation and activation you can add it manually. For this go to the Tools menu and select Customize menu item. In the Customize window select XTools Pro from the list of Toolbars. Another way is to right-click on any ArcMap toolbar area and check the XTools Pro extension in the list of extensions.

Is there any way to get the Add XYZ coordinates tool to return latitude and longitude?

Actually, if your data is in geographic coordinates (i.e. long/lat), XTools Pro "Add XYZ Coordinates" tool will return you longitude and latitude coordinates in degrees. Note, usually this will be decimal degrees, though there is an option for converting degrees to DMS (D?M' S.SS") format.

Can you tell me more details about what projection the X, Y (eastings ; northings) are outputted and the accuracy basis.

XTools Pro "Add X,Y,Z" tool outputs coordinates in the projection of your source data. Accuracy also depends on the data, i.e. coordinates are written as they are taken from the features. They are not rounded or modified anyhow. Besides, these new attribute fields with coordinates are created with the "Double" type so that there is enough space for the decimal part.

Note: since XTools Pro 1.1 version there is an option allowing to output X and Y coordinates in the user-defined projection.

With XTools Pro extension, I have not been able to calculate acreages for polygon features. Do I need to register and purchase to get this feature?

No. XTools Pro "Calculate ..." feature is free, and you do not need to register to use it. The problem can be related to the data. The matter is that you can calculate acreage only for projected data. If your data is in geographic coordinates (degrees), acreage option is disabled. Nevertheless, if you do not want to project your data but anyway need to calculate acreage - you can specify output projection, i.e. projection in which your acreage will be calculated. Data itself is not projected in this case, and specified projection is used only for acreage calculation.

What formula XTools Pro uses to calculate acres? We have been finding some differences in total acres when comparing acres calculated by using (square meters/4046.85) formula and using XTools Pro.

The most possible reason of those differences is that in XTools Pro we use more precise factor:

Actually, there are 4046,8564224 square meters in one acre, as can be seen from:
(0.3048 * 0.3048) * 43560

Therefore, the difference will be greater for larger areas.

We have XTools 3.1 install with ArcGIS 8.3. Should we uninstalled XTools 3.1 and then install XTools Pro version? Or just install XTools Pro with the XTools 3.1 install?
I would like to try out the XTools Pro to see if we can update to this new version.

Yes, you can have both extensions installed, that is you can install XTools Pro 1.0 with XTools 3.x already installed.
At the same time, XTools Pro version includes all the XTools 3.x features and they remain free.
Besides, a number of XTools 3.x bugs were fixed in XTools Pro. New tools are developed in C++ and provide better performance as well.
So, you can always try and evaluate XTools Pro, and there is no need to keep XTools 3.x.

I know I can use xtools to add points X,Y,Z. Can I use xtools to extract a list of X,Y,Z values from a polyline?

Yes, since XTools Pro 1.1 version you can extract XYZ coordinates from polylines. Coordinates of FROM, TO or Central points of polylines can be extracted. Doing this you can add coordinates of only one point (FROM, TO or Central) at a time. So if you need to have coordinates of all these points added to the attribute table, repeat the operation each time changing the polyline point.

I know that ESRI has announced that ArcGIS 9 start shipping in April. Will the current version of XTools work with ArcGIS 9? If not, when do you plan to release a version that will work with version 9?

XTools Pro is compatible with ArcGIS 9 since 1.1 version.

I did something while customizing a nearby toolbar that must have accidentally affected my XTools Pro toolbar. I have lost the "XTools Pro" drop-down menu, and all of its contents, and I cannot get it back. All I see now on the toolbar are four buttons.

Perform following steps in ArcMap:

Select "Customize" in the ArcMap Tools menu
Select "Toolbars" Tab (it is a default one)
Select "XTools Pro" toolbar in the list of toolbars
Click "Reset" button
Select the template where toolbar should be restored (Normal.mxt for the default toolbar settings)
Click OK.
In case the XTools Pro toolbar is customized for a certain document, your should repeat this procedure with selecting this document instead of Normal.mxt (Step 5).
Then your XTools Pro toolbar should be reset.

I just downloaded the xtools pro and installed it and nothing happened! The extension showed up on the menu, but I don抰 see any new tools. What do I need to do?

If you installed XTools Pro and are able to see it in the extensions list, then select XTools Pro - XTools Pro toolbar should appear in your ArcMap interface. Another option is to go t Tools > Customize... > Toolbars In the toolbars list check in the XTools Pro (usually it is in the bottom of the list).
Sometimes it may also happen that XTools Pro remains disabled (all the tools are "greyed" out). To activate the extension manually go t Tools > Extensions... In the extensions list check in the box next to XTools Pro. In case all this does not work or anything remains unclear, please, do not hesitate to get back to us.

The multiple summarization tool that was in Xtools3.1 is not in XtoolsPro. Will this tool be added? I used this tool all the time.

The multiple summarization tool from XTools 3.x for ArcGIS is now redesigned in XTools Pro and is known as "Aggregate Features/Records" tool (XTools Pro Table Operations).
喜欢0 评分0
gis
gis
管理员
管理员
  • 注册日期2003-07-16
  • 发帖数15947
  • QQ554730525
  • 铜币25339枚
  • 威望15364点
  • 贡献值0点
  • 银元0个